I’ve crossed my fingers and purchased an 11” iPad Pro with M1. This decision is predicated on the theory that iPad Pro will soon be able to run macOS. Here’s why I think that’s likely.
- macOS Big Sur has been designed with much larger touch targets. The common theory is that this is to support touchscreen Macs, but I’m not buying it.
- Apple chose to give the iPad Pro an M1, rather than an A14X. Branding matters.
- Apple is publishing the amount of RAM in an iPad for the first time. This number matters a great deal in a traditional desktop OS.
- iPad OS is doodie for power users, and Apple knows it.
- (Bonus) Apple’s Magic Keyboard already has a trackpad. Apple’s known they’d go in this direction and started planting the seeds early.
Let’s see how this prediction ages!